SURPRISE!!

And we couldn't be more excited! Dustin and I both really wanted a girl but thought it was a boy, as did most of you. My sister, Jennifer, was the only one that was right. I went into my ultrasound early this morning fully expecting to hear "It's a boy", but instead I heard:

"Oops! I typed irl, but I meant to type girl"
"What?!? Really? Are you sure?"
"Well, yeah... it'd be a pretty funny looking boy"

She then proceeded to show us that it was, in fact, a girl. Then I cried a little as she showed us the little arms, legs, head, face, hands and feet. It's just sooo amazing to see the first little glimpses of your baby. I wish I could describe how I feel right now, but I can't put it into the right words. I'm just....extremely happy. I can't stop smiling!

10 comments:

Kay said...

Congrats! I was so relieved with our first when they told us it was a girl. Girls are lots of fun! I'm nervous to find out what this one is... Either way, as long as it's a healthy baby, I guess that's all that matters, right?

Alicia said...

YEAH! Girls are the best!!! I'm so glad you're having a girl!!!

RonElaine said...

And the 2nd generation of girls lives on! I was hoping it was a girl since we all had so much fun growing up together. Tell the boys they should get used to being outnumbered.

p.s. we are in the process of collecting everyone's current mailing address, would you e-mail yours? I know you will be moving soon, so send both and let us know when the actual move date is so I can adjust as needed. Thanks. ronnielainelarsen@hotmail.com

Nicole said...

AHH!! That's so exciting! I'm so excited for you guys! Girls Rock!! :)

Wendy said...

Just like your Mom...a girl first! I wish you could have seen the expressions on your brothers and sister's faces! About 30 minutes after the news, we all went to WMart...hmmmmm wonder what we could have possibly got? WE ARE SO EXCITED!!!!!!

~Shina~ said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so excited for you!!

~Shina~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jacob and Magen said...

Congratulations! We are excited fro the two of you. Let me know if you need anything seriously I have clothes coming out of my clothes for a boy and a GIRL! WOOHOO! Good Luck with the move and the unpacking. I have moved pregnant twice now. So I will pray for You.
Magen

{Jeff+Elisa} said...

Erin! I'm so excited for you guys! Congrats on having a cute new baby girl added to your family. That's so great!

Erin @ Strawberry Mommycakes said...

Congrats Erin! That's so exciting that you're having a girl! Thanks for emailing me the info to your apartment, but we're moving to Yuma instead :( I'm sad I won't be in Phoenix, but at least my husband has a job, right? Thanks again!