Kate's Birthday Party!

As soon as I knew our backyard would be done by the time Kate's birthday rolled around, I knew I wanted to do an outside party. Every year I want to throw an outside party, but every year we don't. One- because we didn't have a backyard until now, and two- because it's usually way too hot to do an outside party here by the end of April. It's usually high 90's by the end of April. USUALLY. So I planned this big water party, with a big water blob, a pool, water guns, water balloons, and a PVC pipe car wash. Kate was so excited and helped me plan everything.  Well the day of the party comes, and it's a COLD and RAINY day!  Isn't that always how it goes?  We got about an hour of playable sunshine and the kids had an absolute blast!  The last hour it got really cloudy and cold so we had to kind of improvise for the rest of the party!  We did limbo, duck duck goose, and Dustin even read a book!  Haha.  Overall it went really smoothly and according to Kate is was the "best day of her life" so I'm going to mark this down as a "win" in my book.

Dustin drew an awesome enormous Sebastian on our back wall. Kate and I made little fishies out of paper plates, and we drew seaweed on the wall.  I made the water blob using this tutorial, and the PVC pipe car wash using this tutorial.  I'd have to say the blob was the hit of the party!  The kids went crazy over it!


I told Dustin to go slowly opening the presents to kill some time, so he closed his eyes and had the kids guide him to the presents.  It never got old for the kids and resulted in uproarious laughter every time. 

The kids were all bundled up in their towels by the end but it was a great time!  Happy Birthday Kate!  I can't believe you are 6 years old already!

No comments: