On March 13th Kate, Jaylee, Lacie and I all went to Roger's and Hammersteins Cinderella in the ASU Gammage Auditorium. We bought our tickets through a group buy and had been waiting a whole YEAR to see this. It did not disappoint. It exceeded all my expectations and then some!
It. was. AMAZING!!!
Easily in my top 3 shows I've ever seen!
The set was beautiful, the costumes were so elaborate and gorgeous, and the costumes changes were mind blowing! Cinderella "transforms" in a matter of seconds. There is one that I can't even explain. She goes from wearing a torn pink dress to a gold gown and ALL she does is twirl. And not only do her clothes change, her hair is completely different too! It's so crazy, and I have no idea how they did it. They had almost all the original songs in the play, plus a couple new ones. The plot was revamped and made a bit more modern and there is a big twist! I was so blown away by everything. It truly was a spectacle and I'm so glad I got to share it with my daughter.
Worth. Every. Penny.
Kate would scream, cheer and clap after every song. We had amazing seats as we were in the 19th row in the center.
Oh and SURPRISE we also had Fran Drescher in our cast! She played the Step Mother and she was awesome! It was so cool to see someone famous.
The girls had a BLAST! They loved every single second and I loved seeing their reactions and how swept away they got in it. The whole thing was just such a magical experience. I hope it comes back in a few years so we can go again!
"For the world is full of zanies and fools,
who don't believe in sensible rules,
who don't believe what sensible people say.
And because these daft and dewey eyed dopes
keep builidng up impossible hopes
IMPOSSIBLE
things are happening every day!"









1 comment:
I saw this version in NYC and was amazed at the transformations!!! Such an incredible show
Post a Comment