Labor Day Weekend

Not only was last weekend Dustin's 29th birthday, it was also our niece, Emmalyn's baby blessing. We had so much fun this weekend hanging out with family and friends.

On Saturday, my sister-in-laws and I went to Snowflake's Sweet Corn Festival. This is the same festival that we had a booth in last year. Last year it was so rainy and miserable, that we had a horrible turnout. Well, we wish we would have done a booth this year! There were so many people, and the weather was beautiful. I found Kate this adorable little backpack, and my mother in law bought the girls these squeaky shoes. Yes, these shoes have squeakers in them and Kate thinks they are hilarious!


We went to lunch at Eva's. Our family has grown so big they put us in our own room. It was perfect. The kids could run around and have fun, and I could enjoy possibly the best chicken burrito I've ever had in peace.

That night we celebrated Dustin's birthday! We ordered pizza from Papa Johns, and his mom made him Better than Sex cake. I've also heard this cake called "Ooey Gooey Cake" and I referred to it as "Abstinence Cake" in college. It's basically chocolate cake, with caramel and sweetend condensed milk poured over, and whipped cream and toffee bits on top. I'm sure you've all had it before. It's heavenly.

For his birthday I got Dustin a Super Mario Yahtzee game, an expansion pack to our favorite game Killer Bunnies, a 30th anniversary Rubiks cube (not pictured because Jaron stole it) and I pre-ordered him NBA Jam for Wii. He also received a Simpson's shirt from Sherice, some nice clothes from his mother, and his dad got him a new golf club. It was a great birthday for him, and we're all looking forward to the big 30 in Hawaii!!! Hopefully.

I also couldn't resist busting out my camera to take some pictures of Kate. She was in love with Grandma's piano and I couldn't get her out of that room!


Kate and Maddock are so funny together. These two are going to be so mischievious!


I also tried to take some cute ones of her outside, I only ended up with two, becuase she was just not in the mood to take pictures!


The next morning was Emmalyn's baby blessing. Sherice and my mother-in-law really worked hard to make sure everything was perfect-- and it was! The food was absolutley delicious, and everything looked cute, especially baby Emma.



Shortly after the baby blessing pictures were taken, my camera battery completely died! I'm just so glad I got pictures of Dustin and his Grandma Watson first. I don't have any pictures of the rest of the weekend, but this is what we did in a nutshell. Later that night after we had eaten dinner and all the guests were gone, we played a hilarious game of catchphrase, and busted out Dustin's new Yahtzee game. On Monday Dustin went golfing, and I got to spend some time with my family! My siblings took me to Ray's for wings and the biggest hot dog I had ever seen, and I colored my sister's hair. After that we got all packed up, and we headed home. It was such a fun weekend, I only wish it was longer! I am not wanting to clean my house today...

Photobucket

2 comments:

Ashley Lois said...

that picture of kate looking at her foot by the piano totally cracks me up! how cute!

Rachel said...

I still can't believe Sherice is a mom! Tell her congratulations from me sometime. We played killer bunnies once, and it was a lot of fun. I need to get it!