What The?!?

I was sitting in church yesterday morning when I started to feel sick. I whisper to Dustin, “I don’t feel very good.” He starts to rub my back and I try to pay attention to the speaker. Then I started feeling really dizzy. I sit up straight and take some deep breaths and whisper to Dustin, “I think I’m going to pass out.” He says, “Are you really?” and as I’m nodding, my hearing becomes muffled, I get really hot, but my skin is cold and clammy. All I can think about is getting to the bathroom and putting some cold water on my face. I turn to Dustin and say, “I need you to help me get to the bathroom.” We both stand up, and as we’re exiting the chapel, I run for the bathroom and I throw up.

What in the world was that? I felt fine that morning, I felt fine after Dustin took me home and I rested, and I am continuing to feel just fine! I looked it up in my pregnancy book and on the Internet, but the only thing that comes up for “dizziness and vomiting” is morning sickness. I’m 6 months pregnant. Not morning sickness. Also, I never got morning sickness (I know, I’m really lucky.)

Low blood sugar? I ate breakfast before we went to church. I had a bowl of Life cereal (my fave), so maybe that wasn’t the best, but it’s never made me sick before...

Stomach bug? Maybe… but wouldn’t I still feel sick?

Sometimes I can feel ill when I’ve eaten a lot of junk food. I did have a small burger for lunch and pizza for dinner the night before. But I also ate my healthy staples of crackers, apples, raisins and yogurt. Usually when I get sick from food, it’s when we’ve been traveling and eating out every meal for a while.

Dehydrated? No. I’ve been drinking close to a gallon of water every day lately. I’ve been really thirsty.

I’m stumped. I feel perfectly normal. The baby is kicking. She’s good too.

Does anybody know what this randomness could have been?

7 comments:

Francie said...

Hi Erin...Im a friend of Dustin's mom's...
i had this happen to me(in church!) when i was pregnant with my twins. i cant remember if it had a name or anything but basically the doctor told me it was because the baby was lying or pushing on something or other..maybe a nurve or something..sorry, its been a few years but he said it was totally normal and that if i ever felt like i was going to pass out again to just lay right down on the floor no matter where i was. he told me when it happened to his wife she was in the grocery store and she layed down and everyone was freaking out! LOL..but she was fine..just needed to catch her breath and wait for the baby to change positions a bit. i think you probably felt sick from the dizziness and almost passing out. that would be my guess. i would mention it to your doctor next time you see him but i dont think its anything to be overly concerned about.

Alicia said...

Pregnancy is something else, I tell ya. It does strange things. If something was really wrong, your mommy sense would tell you.

Alicia said...

Oh yeah -and always trust the mommy sense.

Shandi said...

Erin
my guess is that it was a little spell of morning sickness. Or that fact that your baby is moving now she just might of kicked you just right and made you sick to your stomach. I only have a couple of days left and had morning sickness or whatever we shall call it in the middle of the day. So good luck and hopefully it doesn't happen again.

{Jeff+Elisa} said...

Ohhhh Erin that stinks! I'm so afraid that when I am preg I will be one of those girls that gets sick all the time and I'm dreading it! I hope you are feeling better! I love the other post you made about how you and Dustin fell in love, I was never really sure how it happened cause I wasn't at EA then. You guys are cute and make a great couple! Tell Dustin hi for me! :)

Candace said...

I'm not sure what happened to you, but DO make sure and tell your doctor about it, ESPECIALLY if it happens again soon.

CHAD & ELISE TYSICK said...

Thats crazy! I couldn't tell you what that was but all I have to say is you suck for not having morning sickness ever! no not really, but you are a lucky girl! that means that you can have like ten kids or something right?! ha. anyhow, yes, i loved working at superstition and yes we had a ton of walk ins esp. on the weekends. I would say its definately a good place to build your clientale